Beiträge von Tomica93

Sakura Doppelgewinn - Aktion im April 2024 - alles weitere im Gewinnspiel - Thread.
Das nächste Treffen: MFF - Elbetreffen 2024
Alle Infos hier im Forum Mitsubishi Elbetreffen 2024 Thema oder auf der Elbetreffen-Webseite unter www.elbe-treffen.de

I didne remove metal plate inside. But first I did wash It around 20times, to remove all oil and dirt from it, and also after drilling and welding washed a few times.

Thanks for the respect, there are many more updates on the car, but simply dont have time to update them all

Next thing to deal with was the power windows switch.

First they started to fail on the main one (passanger window couldnt go up) and also letters worn out after years of using

First i have disassembled everything, cleaned up the contacts, and it all woreked again like a charm

Then i found a ultra rare JDM main power window switch that has Door Lock option on it and AUTO funstion for drivers window.
    It was in Malaysia, and it is very very hard to communicate with them and in the end to get parts from

So i accepted a challenge of making a UNIQUE, only in the world, LHD main switch with AUTO power windows on drivers doors, and Door lock option

And finally received it after 2months

Next big problem was it was all for RHD (you cant put AUTO function on the left side) and also you need to use LHD plastic surround to fit properly
    However plastic surround didnt have DOOR LOCKS sign

after days of researching, find up it wasnt a sticker on the buttons and plastic surround. It was printed with high quality colour that remains under usage of fingers
    luckily i found one guy who was able to do this for me, so i have also refurbed buttons and plastic surround, also all other buttons on passanger doors

next thing about AUTO function. Mitsubishi Galant Sigma in USA had AUTO function on driver window as a LHD. luckily found one with broken plastic and cutted wires, but again seller didnt want to ship, so I had to find agents etc.
    after 2more months finally item arrived

next problem was it didnt have DOOR LOCK, so i had to cut the JDM one and weld it with USA one

Next. all was working except AUTO function for driver window when it go UP.
    Thing is, in the US there was a child proof law. so the button had some kind of restriction, and also 1wire was missing from the small control unit plate (white wire in the picture above was added).

When it all was solved , here is the final result

From 3very rare parts, I got 1 Unique with all functions working :)
    Final result: astonishing :D

Couple more updates

Crankpreassure was next thing to deal with, no more oil dip stick popping out and inlet on turbo is now dry :)

so I have made a custom valve cover, drilled a much larger hole, and weld bigger fitting, removed PCV valve and also put a bigger one, but left the thread in case i will want to return PCV :)

after that, professional coat was apllied

difference between holes

New oil Catch can and silicone hose

Then few shots from the sea and driving :)

Then got new silicone clear hose for washerfluid line, so I have replaced an old ugly one :)

Thats all for now :)

Little update, havent been working on a car. I was driving it for a change, done over 3000km over the last 3months

In front of Pula Arena

then i was on a oldtimer meeting, with my dad(green 4gen Galant), and a good friend of mine with his RalliArt version also in white. That was a pretty cool sight

And some better photos of mine car :)

Few more updates

new rear steel brake feed lines

installed fluidampr crank pulley, and also new Gates, alternator and power steering belt

looks good underneath now :)

Got brand new OEM front grille

Adjustable rear dampers came in, Cusco, newer dampers, and also they are longer for 1cm, which means a little more street friendly

Comparasion to a non adjustable CUSCO

and one nice pic from the petrol station

Assembled complete front subframe, car really drives fantastic now, no sounds at all, and brakes, AWESOME, it has the stopping power now

also to make it a little softer i have made custom springs, front 5,6kg/mm and rears 3,5kg/mm

Calipers refurbed, new, bolts, paint and stickers, little before/after

It fitted very nice :D

New blood

At the geometry service

And got the fluidampr crank pulley & ARP bolts

Next update, got the brakes, 4pot brembos with braided steel lines and 320mm discs

redrilled discs to 4x114,3 and test fit, it fills up the 17" nicely

got new front bearing in, and also polyurethane on arms

Custom made heavier springs for trunk opening, as the factory didnt design it for trunk spoiler, now the trunk hood sits up alone :)

Another gearbox from 2.4 Galant is in with lower miles on it

also installed new OEM shaft seals

new clutch disk material

also new braided steel line for the slave clutch cylinder, you can see how worn out is the old one

and new slave clutch cylinder

Lets post a few updates

next thing for deal with was suspension and handling

Suspension was original, but all springs are worn out and old, rear shocks were leaking, and also the car was too soft to handle that kind of power so i upgrade it to much better level

Ive bought Cusco street ZERO coilovers for Lancer EVO III

car handles much much better in corners, over the holes its almost like stock suspension, over the speed bumps you have to be little gentle , overall very good coilover

Also got the powerflex camber bolts as the car sits little lower now

Got new oem bumper indicator lens

Then the next problem was grip, i had only 2 and a half years old tyres but they didnt have grip at all

So i bought new tyres Continental Contisportcontact 5 215/45/17, also as I will upgrade the brakes i need new wheels that are the same dimensions (17" , 7J , ET40) but with flatter spokes
    that means more space for bigger brake calipers, luckily i found Superleggeras which are 4kg lighter than previous wheels EACH! and also they have 1,5cm more space for brake calipers

Cleaned up the wheels, waxed them, got new central rings 67,1mm and new lug nuts

And ready to fit on a car

Results are awesome, lighter steering wheel (as each wheel is lighter for 4kg), and much more grip, which allows me to run full boost in second gear afer 5000rpm

Also getting the parts for next work

new tie rods, new tie rod ends, new boots, new front bearings, new CV joints

another CRASH, fortunately a very light one, Opel didnt pass well haha

All repaired now :)

one with mine second Sapporo with ECS (Electronic controlled suspension)

nice turnup one evening

and meeting with a friend of mine (normal vs RalliArt)

next thing i got is pieces for suspension upgrade

much larger holder bracket for front subframe

and poly bushings for front end

Next, i had to make adapter for ISC to the Eclipse/ early EVO installation

also i had boost leaks on throttle body, and on the outlet of a turbo, so a new flange has been made

Rebuild kit for throtle body

Next i got very lucky and found a brand new middle blend for redesign version complete with instructions and install hardware

also i got a brand new right tail lamp

to me looks much better with it :)

Intercooler fits perfectlly

it is 3times bigger than the old one

oil cooler was also relocatted

here how the intercooler looks after redoing the pipes, also a SPAL fan was added for better cooling

Electronic boost controller is installed also

and i got a throttle body from an evo8, much better and faster TPS and ISC sensors

Time for new exhaust full 70mm exhaust, with electric cutout on the rear muffler ( for quieter and louder mode), and polished 80mm exit

So here is my design

two pipes through the rear muffler (bigger one(70mm on the electric cutout side, without holes on it), and smaller one (60mm, where gasses are going when cutout is closed(with holes in it, so the muffler can absorb sounds)
    remember , the angle of those two pipes is very important, the bigger angle you got, the louder car will be when the cutout is opened

Next thing to do is to port a turbo housing, this needs to be done to prevent boost creep, here it is how it looks before and after around wastegate

Later i had problems with a hot air when boosting. As the car still isnt mapped, and its in brake in proceduree hot air is allready a problem, so it would be big problem during the mapping

So i got almost a brand new intercooler from EVO10

And one video how electric cutout work(sounds)
    this is without middle muffler, so basically when electric cutout is opened it simulates straight pipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WK_nj8n_c